- Curren$y - New Jet City (Review)
- Video: Kendrick Lamar - Radio Run (Mini-Documentary)
- Featured: Vh1 Hates Black People.
- Music: Problem - Like Whaaat! feat. Bad Lucc
- THE POOLHOUSE COVER
- News: Meek Mill's Dreams & Nightmares Release Date
- News: Oprah Winfrey Covers Forbes
- Video: Hardaway Smith - Playa Ways
- Video: Chief Keef's Biggest Fan
- Lay on Video: Meek Mill – Dreams & Nightmares (Intro)
- Wessside on Video: Jay 305 – Youzza Flip
- bkbeats on Music: Main Attrakionz – My Only Wonder
- Rapalnighty on Video: Mani Coolin’ – The Highest feat. Chip Gnarly
- Necole on Featured: Vh1 Hates Black People.
News: Alicia Keys Announces New Album Title
Alicia Keys has been in the studio working on her fifth album and today in the form of a letter she gives her fans an update on the project. In the letter she announces the title, the meaning, and the recording process. Read more for the letter.
I’m in the studio right now working away on my new album and I am SO excited!!! I’m ignited!!! I’m like a match to a flame! I’ve had the title of this album in my mind for a long time….It’s been hard to hold it back and now I’m not holding it back anymore! It is called Girl on Fire!!! And that’s exactly how I feel!!! You’ll be learning more about it soon… but let me just say before making this record, in some ways I felt like a lion locked in a cage…I felt like a girl misunderstood that no one really knew, I felt like it was time to stop making excuses for any part of my life that I wanted to change. Once I made that choice I became a Girl on Fire, the lion broke free!!
During the recording process, I mostly stayed in NY but on some cool and memorable occasions, I traveled to different places, and worked with many collaborators, (some old friends, some new). I discovered so many beautiful sounds, and meanings and a lot about the power of a song. I can’t wait to share this album with you. I promise when you hear it, it’s a new me, I gave it my all: powerful, soulful, honesty and heart… With Girl on Fire, I want to move you and surprise you.
Girl on Fire is about new beginnings, new perspectives and fresh starts… stripping away all the bad energy in your life and taking full control of the reigns and how you want to live. There is something really empowering about finding yourself and your own inner strength. On one song, One of the lines I wrote says,
“I’ll never be perfect, but at least now I’m brave!”
Here’s to finding your power! Your FIRE!! Stay tuned for more.
In the meantime, thank you for all your love, strength and support.
A Girl On Fire!!!!